I discuss the events leading up to independence, how the colonies made that dangerous leap to fight for independence.
Also mentioned, interesting Revolutionary War-themed tours
- Culper Tri-Spy Tours http://www.culper.com
- Kyle Jenks - Join Kyle and Dana as James and Dolley Madison for this leisurely stroll around their Society Hill neighborhood. The couple will share their experiences during the 1790’s when the country was still finding its footing while simultaneously expressing a lively social scene.
The tour will pass by homes of prominent Philadelphians who were known to the Madisons as well as their own Spruce Street home. (Not open to the public.)
Tour length: Approximately 120 minutes.
We will gather at City Tavern at the corner of 2nd and Walnut Street, stroll the neighborhood and circle back to end at City Tavern.
For pricing, scheduling and other questions e-mail: Kyle Jenks at Jaktar773@aol.com
- Fort Stanwix https://www.nps.gov/fost/index.htm
- Fort Plain Conference American Revolution Mohawk Valley Conference Aug. 6-8, 2021 https://fortplainmuseum.org/conference
- Boston 1775 blog with J.L. Bell http://boston1775.blogspot.com
- Patriot Tours NYC
- Tour of Fort Ticonderoga—video preview
- Tour of Buckman Tavern and Lexington Green—video preview
- The History and Architecture of Marblehead, Massachusetts—video preview
- Washington in Cambridge and the Siege of Boston, with J.L. Bell—video preview
- Full schedule
- History Camp weekly discussions with noted history authors, every Thursday night at 8 pm (Eastern). Includes archive of 50+ discussions
- The Pursuit of History, the non-profit organization that puts on History Camp
- Fort Ticonderoga limited edition print, signed and numbered — Only 200 printed. Proceeds support the mission of The Pursuit of History
- The History List Store